One of the most prestigious awards in the world, Nobel declared the list of 2019 winners. Nobel Prize is a set of annual international awards in several categories like chemistry, literature, peace, physics, physiology or medicine, and economic sciences. The Nobel Prize is presented by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Nobel Assembly at the Karolinska Institute, Norwegian Nobel Committee, and Svenska Akademien.
Nobel prize winners will get Prize money of US$986,000, a medal and a diploma. The Nobel Prize is established as per the Alfred Nobel’s will. The first Nobel Award is firstly awarded in 1901.
The Nobel prize winners award ceremony will be held on 10 December 2019.
Here is the list of Nobel Prize Winners in 2019 and categories they awarded in.
- Peter Handke (Australia) – Physics
- Akira Yoshino (Japan) – Chemistry
- Jim Peebles (American – Canadian) – Physics
- Michel Mayor (Switzerland) – Physics
- William G. Kaelin (US) – Physiology/ Medicine
- M. Stanley Whittingham (American – British) – Chemistry
- Didier Queloz (Switzerland) – Physics
- Michael Kremer (US) – Economic Sciences
- Gregg L. Semenza (US) – Physiology/ Medicine
- John B. Goodenough (US) – Chemistry
- Peter J. Ratcliffe (UK) – Physiology/ Medicine
- Abiy Ahmed (PM, Ethiopia) – Peace Prize
- Abhijit Banerjee (India) – Economic Sciences
- Esther Duflo (French) – Economic Sciences