Paris, 26 October 2020 – Atempo, the European leader for professional digital protection solutions with an international presence, is delighted to announce the launch of Tina 2020, marking a decisive stage in the evolution of its award-winning solution dedicated to the backup and restoration of physical and virtual servers.
Tina has protected the infrastructures of thousands of companies across the world for more than 25 years. The last two decades have witnessed the arrival of major changes such as virtualisation, the cloud, hybrid architectures… To meet data protection needs and constraints of its customers and partners, Atempo is proud to present this latest iteration of Tina, with a complete interface redesign for increased intuitiveness and improved ergonomics that simplify the administration and configuration of the product and facilitate data restoration.
Tina’s users are primarily made up of backup administrators, who have increasing numbers of virtual machines and applications to protect each year. They need supervision systems that get straight to the point enabling potential problems to be detected in seconds. When starting up new machines they need efficiency and clarity, and predefined elements ready to be applied. Lastly, in the event of an incident, they require increasingly intuitive interfaces with wizards to simplify and speed up post-incident restarts and infrastructure validity.
New key features for business security and sovereignty needs
This new version offers many benefits in terms of ease of use and data protection and restoration. It also makes it possible to support new environments, to reduce operational and infrastructural costs and to facilitate their use.
Key new features for Tina 2020:
- Cloud-based backups: our customers can select a cloud destination (AWS S3, Google Cloud Storage, Microsoft Azure, Swift…) to store their backups.
- OpenStack VM backups: the VMs created in these virtualized environments are backed up by Tina 2020 to one or more target storage media (cloud, tape, disk, etc.). All this is done without deviating from our model; no need to install agents in each VM; Tina 2020 handles incremental backups and granular restores.
- O365 and OneDrive backup: this function enables integrated protection of messaging services and OneDrive folders and files. The protection of these critical environments enables granular restoration of objects (emails, meetings, contacts, files, etc.).
- Enhanced security with a new password management policy, limited communication policies with encryption tools and updated third-party software dependencies which will prevent any security breaches.
- Use of API REST making the entire Web interface accessible to developers. It can be integrated into workflows, making it possible to control and administrate the product without a graphical interface.
- Support for ARM processors due to the high demand and their ability to support large volumes and the good quality, price and performance ratio.
“We are proud and delighted to announce that we have completely redesigned our Tina data protection solution in order to make it easier to use for all our customers Whether it is a question of overseeing the entire solution using the new dashboard or of configuring new backup workflows through the new graphic interface or by using API REST, everything has been redesigned with ease of use and simplicity in mind. The same applies to the restoration of virtual machines, where just 3 clicks are needed to restore a collection of VMs or to restart them directly on the deduplicated secondary storage”Pascal Potier, Vice-President Professional Services & Presales at Atempo.
“To describe Tina, our customers often use the words “reliability”, “robustness”, “trust”, “versatility”. It was listening to our customers and partners with the aim of meeting their data sovereignty needs that guided us through the complete redesign of our backup solution. Tina 2020 achieves the highest standards of flexibility, ergonomics, and performance. The solution, which benefits from the labels “Used by the French Armed Forces” and “France CyberSecurity”, and we are proud of our graphic interfaces which will appeal to both customers and integrator partners looking for simplicity and improved productivity. Whilst favourable sovereignty winds are blowing to support French and European recovery plans, Tina 2020 plans to retain current users and attract new customers through its ability to reinvent itself”, concludes Luc d’Urso, CEO of Atempo .
Atempo is a leading independent European-based software vendor with an established global presence providing solutions to protect, store, move and recover all mission-critical data sets for thousands of companies worldwide. With over 25 years’ experience in data protection, Atempo offers a complete range of proven solutions for physical and virtual servers’ backup, workstations, and migration between different storages of very large data volumes. Atempo’s three flagship solutions, Lina, Miria and Tina are labeled ‘As used by French Armed Forces’ and ‘France Cybersecurity’.
Selected to join the French Tech 120, a government program designed to nurture 25 unicorns by 2025, Atempo is headquartered in Paris and is present in Europe, the US and Asia with a partner network in excess of 100 partners, integrators and managed service providers.
Agence OXYGEN pour Atempo
Pauline Moreau / Henry de Romans
06 82 14 26 54 / 02 72 88 12 69