The impact of the revolution that has come in the last decade in the field of information technology is visible. Today, by pressing a small push button of a computer, contact can be made from any corner of the world. Today’s era is the era of information technology. And so, to be relevant in the market and make benefit from the boost in the digital economy, businesses are in continuous search of IT solution providers that can accelerate their growth.
To cater to the IT needs of businesses, Avekshaa Technologies is offerings cutting-edge IT products and solutions. Avekshaa Technologies is a specialized IT products and solutions company, which is solving the burning problems of the CIOs. In a Digital-connected world any failure in technology, directly impacts a business, its customer services, profitability, and revenues. Avekshaa prevents and solves such problems and proactively improves customer experience and technology efficiency and end-user productivity
Avekshaa continuously manages, improves, and assures the Performance, Availability, and Scalability of complex Enterprise applications, using a proprietary P-A-S-S™ Assurance platform. In a talk with Mr. Rajinder Gandotra, Founding Partner & CEO at Avekshaa Technologies, we discussed the current industry scenario and how Avekshaa Technologies is transforming their client’s businesses.
- Brief us about the company.
Avekshaa pioneered a paradigm shift in the way performance, availability, and scalability requirements are delivered to business-critical IT systems. For IT systems and applications in production, Avekshaa provides solutions to continuously improve QoS by moving the production management from Sustain to IMPROVE and from Fire-fighting to PROACTIVELY PREVENT, by modeling IT failures failure/ breakpoints and proactively ensuring that only bug-free CR’s (change requests) are moved in the production. In a development or migration program, through the use of its P-A-S-S™ assurance platform Avekshaa can identify and solve serious Architecture – Design – Code issues much earlier in the development life cycle, as against discovering it during testing, through the use of its unique Modelling approach, thereby saving costly delays and avoiding surprises or cost escalations.
- What were the initial challenges you faced?
Engineering applications for Performance, Availability & Scalability, or managing QoS (quality of service) for apps in production is generally an afterthought. We had to educate customers on the best practice of managing and delivering QoS on a proactive basis.
- Which was that point that triggered the growth of the company?
Acquiring some of the biggest customers in India like – IndusInd Bank, Reliance Jio. Currently, we work with 25 of the top 100 customers in India.
- How have the company graphs changed since the foundation? Can you share a few statistics?
We have won Deloitte Technology Fast 50 India, over three times & Technology Fast 500 APAC in 2014, 2016 & 2017.
- What is the reason behind your company’s long-standing success?
Customer focus from Day 1: This is reflected in over 99.5% customer advocacy score with public endorsements at CXO levels. Performance Engineering is a super-niche area. All the problems are uniquely complex and no one size fits them all. Those demand unique acumen to identify, analyze, provide accurate and sustainable solutions. Implementing those solutions right (each time and every time) to meet the desired customer KPIs is our forte. Delivering on the promises each time, every time is not for the faint-hearted.
Most importantly, it’s not people or process-oriented for us. It’s the unique Platform, Solutions, Products that we have created out of our wealth of experience, unique problems of scale that we have solved over the last 10 years.
- What are the products/services the company focuses on? How are your services different from those in the market?
Avekshaa provides both solutions and products. Avekshaa solutions offer below unique solutions that cover all application life-cycle stages:
- Quickly bring Business back to normal: for IT systems / Apps in production rapidly isolate, diagnose and solve Performance, Availability, Security, and Scalability (P-A-S-S™) issues.
- Proactively engineer an application with high performance, efficiency & reliability and prevent late discovery of P-A-S-S™ failures in a development program.
- Hassle-free Migration: proactively prevent and resolve P-A-S-S™ failures in IT systems / Apps Migration, thus preventing business disruption post-migration
- Continuously improve QoS of production applications: proactively improve P-A-S-S™ levels and prevent surprise P-A-S-S™ failures for business-critical applications, thus delivering sustained, superior customer experience.
- Deliver Digital Transformation with superior customer experience: support customers to move to the target system which is Fast, Efficient, and Reliable while mitigating risks related to P-A-S-S™ failures.
- Our product – ‘appNeura’ offers ML/AI-powered products in the Digital Experience Monitoring (DEM) and APM-AIOps space. We understand that in today’s digital world Application Performance has a direct link to an organization’s success and survival. Our products address these challenges precisely. appNeura products provide actionable insights about the QoS of apps to enterprises. It suggests corrective actions needed to be taken to improve the app performance and scalability. Further, it uses predictive analytics to forecast and prevent a potential failure. This helps in proactive issue resolution and Customer Experience improvement across channels.
- How do you decide to take the company a step further in terms of your products/services?
We are planning to expand into new markets like the USA, Australia & Middle East.
- Is there any new addition to the list of products/services? Anything exciting you would like to share?
Innovation is a 24/7 job at Avekshaa.
- Below are some of the key additions in the product line and solutions being added.
- Performance Engineering Centre of Excellence (PE CoE) to proactively prevent performance, availability, and scalability failures and improve QoS on an ongoing basis for application in the development or production stage.
- AIOps Product that predicts, and prevents future problems.
- Digital Experience Management Product (Delight) that finds faults proactively
- WFH-Pro product.
- Can you please brief us about your professional experience?
Rajinder Gandotra is the Founder CEO at Avekshaa. He was formerly an Associate Vice President and Management Council Member at Infosys Technologies. Along with his team, Rajinder is building a world class technology company, with a vision is to be a global market leader in the P-A-S-S™ Assurance space.
Rajinder and his team’s relentless focus on the vision for Avekshaa since the company’s inception have resulted in several global recognitions – from both customers and industry. Under his leadership, the company has been consistently recognized for its excellence, innovation, and value delivered.
Avekshaa has successfully built a brand for itself in the Performance engineering space. It has an installed base of over 50+ Enterprise customers, has won 14+ awards and recognitions, has multiple CXO level references. Rajinder and Avekshaa have been widely covered in leading print and online media.
- What are the key achievements of your entrepreneurial journey?
Our customer obsessed deliveries have helped us grow and stay ahead of the competition. Customers love us for the same and 99.5% of customer advocacy is a testimonial of the same.
Recently Avekshaa Technologies has closely and proactively worked with our team and other partners in our complex big bang core banking migration exercise and helped us in our objective to go-live with zero-defect and zero-downtime in a short window of fewer than 48 hours. Avekshaa experts were engaged in the early stages of our migration program, and provided us with consistent and extensive support throughout this program….. Working with Performance experts from Avekshaa helped us identify areas for improvement to achieve a significantly higher degree of performance, mitigate technology failure related business risks and achieve this complex goal. We strongly value our relationship with Avekshaa Technologies in our “Digital journey” to revolutionize the way we serve and delight our customers.Mr. Rajiv Sabharwal, ED & Board member, ICICI Bank
In a successful single day cut-over, IndusInd Bank transformed its Core Banking system by replacing its existing core banking system with state-of-the-art Finacle 10.2 in all branches and with zero post-go-live performance and scalability issues. The biggest challenge was to ‘go live’ on a single day across the country without any business disruption. Avekshaa Technologies which specializes in de-risking complex IT projects had played an important role in ensuring that the issues across the technology stack were identified and mitigated well in advance. Finacle core banking implementation was one of the most significant steps in the Bank’s transformation journey. With able support from Avekshaa, the transformation journey was seamless.Mr. Paul Abraham, Board member, and COO, IndusInd Bank
- How do you look after your employees? What makes your team unique?
We care for our employees by appreciating their work, through rewards. We are as good as our team. People are our core asset, and they are the shareholders in the company.
Is there any special experience with your clients you would like to highlight? Avekshaa has received a new video testimonial from Reliance, a Fortune 500 company, for – Performance engineering of the largest Digital program in the world, which currently supports 170 million users with 20 million concurrencies.
- It’s a rat-race out there. How do you cope with that?
I am enjoying my journey as an entrepreneur. Along with my team, we can meaningfully contribute to my customer, my team, and society.