Ecotown Diagnostics is a vision realized in the direction of providing quality diagnostic services to the clients. At Ecotown they believe that “Quality in Service is not, what they put into it, rather it is what their customers get out of it”.
At Ecotown they strive to give their clients the best and most state of the art diagnostic care and consultation they deserve.
Every day they deliver comprehensive testing, analysis, and reporting with the reliability and personal service required to ensure the best outcomes possible for patients. In a conversation with Dr. Shivaraj Shetty, he shared his views on the current industry scenario and how Ecotown is charting new paths of success.
- What inspired you to Ecotown Diagnostics? Please brief us about the Ecotown Diagnostics?
Passion to serve and showcase our hospitality inspired us to the formation of Ecotown. We as a team are on a mission to EMPOWER INDIA by using cutting edge technologies to provide quality and affordable medical laboratory services.
- What were the initial challenges you faced?
Among various initial challenges and hiccups below ones are crucial;
- First and foremost difficulty was with forming the operational team. For the start-up entity, the crucial element is bringing the right competent people together and building them as a team. A team that comprises of people who are willing to learn and grow with the organization personally and professionally.
- Establishing the accurate protocols for the laboratory operations which is fundamental and critical to providing quality laboratory services.
- Identifying and finalizing the right laboratory machines which are technologically efficient and support us in delivering quality service.
- Establishing the way of working for the teams and making a systematic and supportive process.
We as a team are an army, we back each other up no matter how big the battlefield is.
- Which was that point that triggered the growth of Ecotown Diagnostics?
We believe in quality service and the same is reflected in our tagline “Empowered By quality…” Quality service is Our DNA. We strive to provide quality service to our deserved customers.
When we started receiving overwhelmingly positive responses from our customers or patrons on our quality reports, hospitality, environment, services, doctors, associates, and last but not least the Ecotown management team. This gave us real confidence and helped us to identify our potentials and activated our thought process in recognizing the potential growth paths ahead of Ecotown Diagnostics.
We started with an introduction of different facilities under one hood and different branches.
- How has the business graphs changed since the foundation? Can you share a few statistics?
Graphs have always moved up constantly rather than saying it has tumbled, we have shown the progress of more than 30% YOY.
- What is the reason behind your centres’ long-standing success?
We are ambitious, open to exploring, and we are equipped to take risks that come along on our growth path. Happy customer, Quality reports, integrity, and Quality of service. We educate our customers on what is best for them rather than what is works for us.
- What are the services Ecotown Diagnostics focuses on? How are your services different from those in the market?
Clinical Biochemistry, Serology, Pathology, Haematology, Microbiology, Histopathology, Immunology, USG, TMT,2D-ECHO, ECG, Digital X-Ray, PFT
It is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.
We have the least TURN AROUND TIME for the sample processing along with Home sample collection facilities provided.
- How do you decide to take the business a step further in terms of your products/services?
We are in diagnostics service for 3 years. During this timeframe, we have learned various good and bad lessons. At present we are better equipped than before to prevent and also to resolve upcoming challenges.
We have well-deliberated strategies and approaches to adapt going forwards to excel in laboratory services and solutions to make our customers happier than before and continued long term association with Ecotown.
- Is there any new addition to the list of services? Anything exciting you would like to share?
We have added all the possible and related facilities to our operations fleet.
- What do you think are the responsibilities of an entrepreneur?
As entrepreneurs, while we believe that establishing an entity and growing in business is important at the same time as also believe in our social responsibility to society by proving quality services to our patron with integrity.
- What are the key achievements of your entrepreneurial journey?
Challenges every day is the face of life, solving problems successfully every day, and moving ahead to achieve higher has been a major achievement for us at our organization.
Building an organization or an entity starting from zero is not an easy job. However, having an ambitious mind-set and thought process is the key. It’s a journey of continuous learning, inspect and adaptation.
- How do you look after your employees? What makes your team unique?
A set of people working together does not make a team. A-Team is a group of people organized to work together, both interdependently and cooperatively to accomplish a common mission and objective.
We as a team are an army, we back each other up no matter how big the battlefield is, uniqueness is in our unity and backing up and also the skillset each employee carries with him/her.
- Is there any special experience with your clients you would like to highlight?
We treat our clients equally and of them are special, we ensure they experience our best hospitably services when they at Ecotown. Our customer feedback is our motivation to do our best and do more.
- Kindly brief us about your views on the current healthcare industry scenario.
The Health Care sector has grown well over years and further going to grow by three times which should be valued at around 232.6 billion US dollars by end of 2022 globally, which itself speaks of the scale of business the health industry would be.
- Whose business story do you find the most inspiring?
Mr.Elon Musk’s business journey inspires me a lot.
- Constant vigilance- a need or a strategy? Please share your views.
Constant vigilance needs should be a strategy and not a need, for this to happen we should have enabling systems and process in place.
The only way to prove you’re a sport is to participate, once you are in the race than winning is the race is the attitude then we should not think that we are rats.