Priya Marwah, Founder and Managing Director at TYCHEJOBS is a seasoned ‘C’ level executive search consultant. Her career spans over two decades where she has worked on complex assignments across domains and geographies. Over the years, Priya has accomplished more than 100 successful leadership searches.
Before starting on her own, Priya was a Partner with Stanton Chase International heading the Consumer Product and Services vertical in India and an APAC Lead for Pharma. Stanton Chase International is a global search firm operating from 44 countries with 86 branches worldwide. She has strong domain expertise in Consumer products & Services. She has two decades of experience in handling confidential and leadership assignments across functions.
Priya has done her Graduation in Economics and Psychology and a Post Graduation in Business Management. She is a strong networker and a keen blogger.
In this interview, she shared her journey till now and what is TYCHEJOBS is all about.
- Brief us about your journey till now?
It has been a tremendous experience to be on your own and it is a true test of your ability and capability. We have come a long way from an unknown brand in an overcrowded space but managed to create a niche space in leadership space in a short span of 5-6 years. Tyche Jobs Executive Search Consultants is today working towards creating a niche in the leadership hiring space and we have done some really big searches at CXO levels in the last few years and we are continuously striving to better ourselves each year
- What were the initial challenges you faced?
Initial challenges have been to create your space in an unorganized sector with many searches, as well as recruitment firms. Getting into unknown industry verticals and creating your own space and of course, finding the right manpower
- Which was that point that triggered the growth of your Company?
Commitment to 100% delivery model and growth in the economy, which of course has the highest effect on hiring.
- How have the company’s graphs changed since the foundation? Can you share a few statistics?
We grew by almost 80% in our second year and since then we have grown at almost 50% YOY. Of course with slow growth at Covid times, but things are looking up again.
- What is the reason behind companies long-standing success?
Commitment on time frame closures at competitive rates and great service quality to our clients.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
- What are the products/services the company focuses on? How are your services different from those in the market?
We focus on leadership hiring and while we work a lot in the consumer product and services domain. Our real estate and Education sector has also done well. Last few years we have also focussed on global searches which have done well even in Covid times. Our sector knowledge is deep and we closely track people movements and hands-on knowledge of the availability of Talent Pool
- How do you decide to take Tyche Jobs a step further in terms of your products/services?
By increasing our reach to clients globally, by many more sectors which we have not focussed right now and by building a stronger delivery team
- Is there any new addition to the list of products/services? Anything exciting you would like to share?
Yes we have plans to do a Global Tie-up with a search firm soon and perhaps also venture into a tech platform
- Can you please brief us about your professional experience?
Close to two and a half-decade of experience in Executive Search and placing leaders in many sectors. Building companies from scratch and building organizations by hiring the right talent in the shortest possible time
- What are the key achievements of your entrepreneurial journey?
Fastest growing boutique search firm. Record 150 leadership roles in last few years
- How do you look after your employees? What makes your team unique?
Giving them space to grow and focus on a 100% delivery model. We are a processed-driven organization and we closely work on data and databases.
- Is there any special experience with your clients you would like to highlight?
The clients have been very supportive despite being a start-up. There have been key accounts that have been with us for years. We give them every possible service level at all times and we are very strong on our commitment to delivery within the time frame. Clients have come back to us because our sector knowledge is immense and we have gone out to help our clients in times of urgency and need on mandates.
- According to you, what are the main factors that businesses should focus on to be relevant in the market after the Covid19 outbreak?
- 100% Delivery
- Value-added services like mapping, outplacement, etc
- Focussing on client need rather than your own need for a closure
- Building new clients in India and Globally
- Hand Holding you candidates even post their joining
- Always keep a backup plan B ready
- According to you, what needs to be done to promote women entrepreneurship across the country?
- Tax rebates
- Easy Capital loans
• It’s a rat-race out there. How do you cope with that?
By not becoming the rat, focussing on what you are good at, and becoming a master of that. The rat race will never end. Smartness is not to try everything but focus on what you are best at and become excellent at that.