One of the most important things in running a business is the environment of the workplace. If healthy workplace environment, the productivity of the workers will naturally increase. The workers must be allowed some freedom to express their opinions, to make friendships with their co-workers. If they are bound to work, with very little social contact, or no enjoyment, the productivity of the company will decrease.
Arguably, “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy”, and to avoid your employees from being the dull boys, you must implement certain tactics to make your workplace happening and going. A happy and happening workplace is always preferred to work in rather than a gloomy place. You should always encourage your workers, keep them happy, which will make sure that the workers are doing their jobs properly.
If the workplace is motivating and encouraging, the employees will not find any
Honesty, fairness, and trust are some of the most important attributes one must imply at work. To incorporate these attributes in workers in the workplace, the leader first ha to work on it. How can he/she do it then?
- He/she must make promises and what is important is to keep them. The leader cannot overestimate himself. If you will be able to do it, only then make the promise, if you can’t then do not make the promise. You cannot under-deliver; it will not set the right example for the employees.
- Make confirm commitments- Again like the promises, make commitments that you can undertake. You cannot say things like, “will try”, or “I am not sure”.
- Keep updated- Keep yourself updated on the work progress of the employees. Learn what they are doing, what they need to do etc.
Good communication is the key to success. If you know who is doing what, there will be no overlapping of the tasks and all the work will be done without any confusion. You must have some casual conversations with the employees, if an employee is unable to deliver better, you can ask him/her what is bothering and boost their confidence. A transparent communication wall with their leader affects the work of the employees in a positive way. How can you then improve communication?
- Talk to people casually- the employees will not feel comfortable, and will not share things with you if they do not feel connected to you.
- Start with easy questions- Start with ease and then slide into the difficult parts when making a conversation.
- Do not assume things- Even if an employee has assured you to do something, ask him/her rather than just assuming it.
Empower your employees-
Give your employees plans and strategies where they can promote self-growth, and improve their quality of work. Reward them on their achievements, this way the employees will feel even more encouraged to do their work. Help them set targets for the day and guide them as to how they can achieve their targets. Appreciate the work of your employees, you can do this by simply telling them if their work was up to the mark, and if it wasn’t, tell them that too, so that they can improve the next time.
If the organization has a positive work environment, the productivity of the workers will naturally increase.
Rewards, Bonuses, and Incentives-
Most of the employees tend to do better and excel when they are recognized for their work in the workplace. You can do this by giving them bonuses. A bonus is simply a reward for all the work they have done and the employees take it as positive reinforcement. You can give them positive recognition by appreciating their work in public or team meetings, this works in two ways, one, the employee being appreciated is encouraged to give better performance, and second, other employees work harder too to get that kind of appreciation.
Have fun while working-
If the day is the same work, and nothing else, the employees will get bored of the day. Even though we can’t change many things about the course of the work, you can still have some fun. Play songs while working, allow people to showcase their song choices, which will take the employees’ minds off of the work for a few moments. Try to add some fun in the team meetings, start the meeting with a joke, or you can also ask them questions like “what is the best thing happened to you today?”, or “what are you looking forward to today?”
These were some of the tips you can apply in your workplace and ensure that the work environment is healthy and fun, and not plain and boring!
You may also Like –